Printer Managed Services
- Department:Information Systems
- Start Date:November 15, 2017 2:30 p.m.
- Close Date:December 08, 2017 4:00 p.m.
City of Davis: Request for Proposals — PRINTER MANAGED SERVICES
RECEIPT AND OPENING OF PROPOSAL; SCOPE OF SERVICES
The City of Davis (“City”) invites qualified proposers to submit proposals to provide printer managed services for the City. This would include monitoring usage, servicing equipment, providing parts/supplies (not paper) and recommendations for replacement/elimination of equipment.
Proposals must be received in the City Clerk’s Office by 4:00 p.m. on Friday, December 8, 2017.
An envelope containing one (1) original and one (1) copy of the proposal must be sealed and addressed to City of Davis, 23 Russell Blvd., Davis, California 95616, Attention: ASD Information Systems Division, and must be marked “RFP — PRINTER MANAGED SERVICES”. The envelope must show the proposer’s name and address.
Proposals will not be opened publicly. Any proposal received after the established closing date and time will not be accepted and will be returned to the proposer unopened. Proposals may be withdrawn upon written request at any time prior to the established closing date and time. The proposer or the proposer’s authorized agent must sign such written request.
Contact Information for Questions/Communications
All requests, questions or other communications regarding this RFP shall be made in writing to the City. Address all communications to Jason Best, Information Systems IT Administrator:JASON BEST
1818 5TH STREET
Davis, CA 95616
RFP Clarifications (11/27/2017)
Section 9.2: Replacement road map – The city is looking for a partner with the tools to develop a roadmap for our aging fleet. Please provide a summary of your methodology for developing this road map. A detailed road map should not be included in the RFP response. The city is looking at a phased approach to replacement and replacement cost should not be included in this response.
Section 10.4: OEM Toner – The city will accept Re-engineered Toner Cartridges. In your response, please provide the supplier.
Section 10.9: Price – This contract will be an all-inclusive price per copy. There will be no time and materials support. The city is looking for a per device page count from reporting, but is open to a grouping or pooling of like printers from invoicing.
- Three Fire stations: 530 5th street – 425 Mace Blvd – 1350 Arlington Blvd
- PD: 2600 5th street
- Two Corp yards – 1717 and 1818 5th street (multiple building at each location)
- VETS – 204 E 14th street
- Senior Center – 646 A Street
- Two Pool (seasonal) – 2000 Shasta Dr and 1525 Tulip Ln
- WWTP – 45400 Co Rd 28H
- Two Museums – 445 C St and 303 3rd St
- Hunt-Boyer – 604 2nd St
9.1 – Current Printers
- City Copiers are managed under a different contract. Look for an RFP in the spring of 2018.
- Fax Machines – The city has several Fax machines and support for them should be included in this response.
- Large format printers – The city has several large format printers (example – HP design jet Z5400). These units are out of scope of this RFP.
- Network Printers – Most of the units are on the network, but a few (mostly older) are locally attached.
- Current environment – PCs are a combination of Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and 10. There are three Windows 2016 print servers managing drivers and end user mapping via Group policy.