Environmental Recognition Award
Each year the City of Davis recognizes the environmental contributions of an individual/group, a business, and a non-profit. ERA Flyer This year a special category has been add the Environmental Legacy Award. This award will be presented in our centennial year for sustainability efforts that made a difference as part of Davis’s 100 year history.
- Nominee’s actions/achievements address a current environmental concern.
- Nominee has established a record of achievements or actions benefitting the environment and quality of life in and around Davis.
- Nominee’s actions/ achievements show a commitment to continued effort long term.
- Nominee’s creative implementation or development of an innovative project.
- Nominee has set an example of how to conduct business, set up a home environment, and/or live daily in a manner that encourages sustainability and harmony with nature.
How does one nominate a business, an individual or group, or a non-profit organization?
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination category:
- Business - must posses a current, valid City business license and be located within the City of Davis.
- Individual/Group - must be current resident(s) of Davis.
- Non-Profit Organization - must have a current and valid 501(c) or 23701d non-profit certification and must be located within the City of Davis.
- Environmental Legacy Awards- Must be a current or past resident(s) of Davis
- The name, address, and phone number of the nominee, as well as the name, address, and phone number of the nominator.
- How the nominee has shown exceptional environmental initiative.
- How the nominee’s actions/achievements have improved our environmental quality of life.
- Any other information that supports this nominee’s application. Samples of award winning nominations are available for viewing.
- Supporting documentation may be used verbatim for the award presentation and news article.
Nomination forms Environmental Recognition Award Application
Where do I submit a nomination?
To submit a nomination, you may email your nomination packet to Kerry Loux email@example.com,
City of Davis
Community Development and Sustainability Department
23 Russell Blvd
Davis, CA 95616