23 Russell Blvd., Suite 1
Davis, CA 95616
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
City Council Election
City Council members are elected at-large for a four (4) year term. There will be two (2) City Council seats open for Election in 2018.
Qualifications for Candidacy: Individuals must be a resident and registered voter of the City of Davis at the time nominations are issued.
NOMINATION PERIOD – FEBRUARY 12, 2018 TO MARCH 9, 2018
During this time, Nomination Papers may be issued by the City Clerk to any eligible candidate during regular business hours. Individuals are considered “official” candidates upon the submission and qualification of Nomination Papers.
If an incumbent does not file Nomination Papers for his or her office by March 9, 2018, the nomination period will be extended by five days to March 14, 2018. During this time, any candidate (non-incumbents only) may receive/file Nomination Papers.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to make an appointment with the City Clerk to receive Nomination Papers. It can take anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour to issue these documents and review requirements. Candidates without appointments will be helped on a first-come-first served basis after candidates with appointments. Appointments can be made by contacting the City Clerk’s Office at 530/757-5648 or email@example.com.
- City of Davis Elections Code (Chapter 12)
- Campaign Disclosure Manual
(See Manual 2: Information for Local Candidates, Their Controlled Committees, and Primarily Formed Committees for Local Candidates)
- Candidate Toolkit
- Basic Rules for Treasurers
CAMPAIGN FINANCE AND DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the nomination packet, candidates who will be raising or spending money toward their candidacy will be required to file the following forms:
- 501 - Candidate Intention Statement (complete this form prior to raising/soliciting or spending any money toward your campaign)
- 410 - Statement of Organization (complete this form to create a campaign committee once you raise or spend $250)
- 460 - Consolidated Campaign Disclosure Form (complete this form to account for money raised or spent after you create a campaign committee)
The City utilizes an electronic filing system called eCampaign for campaign filing statements. Upon filing of the Form 410, candidates will receive an account login to begin tracking and filing campaign activity. Access to the public portal to view filed campaign disclosure statements and for committee officers to file their forms may be found below:
City of Davis CampaignDocs Access (Public Portal)
City of Davis eCampaign System (For Committee Filers)
ADDITIONAL ELECTION LINKS
- Voter Registration Information (Yolo County)
- Yolo County Elections Office
- California Fair Political Practices Commission (FPPC)
- California Secretary of State’s Office