The Davis City Council provides policy direction, establishes goals, and sets priorities for City government. The City Council:
- Establishes overall city policies, conducts public hearings, and considers staff reports and public input before making decisions.
- Approves appropriate resolutions, ordinances, and an annual city budget.
- Appoints and oversees the City Manager and City Attorney.
- Attends meetings of other agencies as appropriate to enhance communications and coordination.
- Establishes City Goals
- Appoints interested citizens to various advisory boards, commissions, and committees.