The Sports Complex Task Force completed its assigned duties in mid-2016, and was dissolved on February 21, 2017. The Task Force's final report and recommendations were forwarded to the City Council and the Recreation and Park Commission for further study and discussion.
Advise the City Council on the following:
- Define needs for sports complex (with no assumption that one single facility or a dispersed facility is necessarily the right approach).
- Explore desirable locational characteristics of a facility or facilities.
- Explore and identify potential candidate sites or general geographic areas of interest.
- Explore and make recommendations on amounts and funding options/mechanisms for capital and maintenance.
- Make recommendations to the City Council on next steps of implementation of recommendations (e.g. solicit proposals, additional analysis needed, etc.).
City Council Liaison
Dale Sumersille, Parks & Community Services Director, 530-757-5626
Regular Meeting Time & Place
Second and Fourth Wednesdays of each month at 5:30 p.m. at the Veterans Memorial Center, 203 East Fourteenth Street, Davis.
The Sports Complex Task Force presented their findings and recommendations to the City Council at the City Council meeting of July 19, 2016:
- Sports Complex Task Force Finding and Recommendations
- Sports Complex Task Force Finding and Recommendations Presentation
The Sports Complex Task Force completed its assigned duties in mid-2016. The Task Force's final report and recommendations were forwarded to the City Council and the Recreation and Park Commission for further study and discussion.
On February 7, 2017, the City Council approved a Proclamation thanking the members of the Sports Complex Task Force for their service.
On February 21, 2017, the City Council received a final status report on the work completed by the Sports Complex Task Force and formally disbanded the Task Force.