(530) 758-0204 FAX
(530) 757-5666 TDD
23 Russell Boulevard
Davis, CA 95616
- Office Hours
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
About Our Program
The City of Davis Gymnastics and Dance Center offers recreational classes for children and youth ages 1-17. We pride ourselves in building confidence and skills needed to excel in all areas of life. Gymnastics and dance help social interactions, movement fundamentals, self-esteem and develop skills to enhance other sports. We employ highly trained staff who show a desire and love for working with youth.
Check the Recreation Schedule for a complete listing of classes.
To contact the Gymnastics and Dance Center, please call (530) 757-5627.
- DIAPER DAREDEVILS - Age 1
- This class is designed as an introduction to the world of gymnastics. This is a fun class for you and your youngster. The children will explore movement in a maze of colorful equipment with the help of you and your instructor. Parent participation is required.
- CREATIVE CLIMBERS - Ages 2-3.5 years
- Spend time with your child while enjoying a fun and colorful adventure. Through the use of obstacle courses and a variety of gymnastics equipment, your child will learn in a fun and safe environment. Caring staff encourages your child’s natural desire to explore movement. Parent participation is required.
- TINY TUMBLERS - Ages 3-5 years
- Our instructors introduce your child to gymnastics in a structured but fun environment. Your child will playfully learn gymnastics while developing strength, balance, flexibility and coordination. All skills are taught in a fun, age-appropriate environment. This is the first gymnastics class where the child participates without a parent.
- JUNIOR JUMPERS - Ages 3-5 years
- This is the second class in our preschool series without parent involvement. Children will continue to learn gymnastics skills in a safe and fun environment. They will start to learn harder skills and spend more time on the larger equipment. This class requires instructor consent.
- FANTASTIC FLIPPERS - Ages 3-5 years
- Fantastic flippers Is the third class in the preschool series. It is a unique class designed for children who have completed Junior Jumpers. Children will continue learning new gymnastics skills while working on strength, flexibility, and technique. This class requires instructor consent.
- GIRLS GYMNASTICS
- Our classes offer gymnastics instruction in a safe and fun environment for girls ages 6-17. The participants warm up, then practice and learn skills on vault, bars, beam, floor and tumble track. All new gymnasts need to start in Girls Beginning Gymnastics. We follow the USA Gymnastics program for teaching. Girls will have an opportunity to learn new skills, make friends and gain increased self-esteem. All participants have a skill card to keep track of their progress in the class. Typically it takes more than one session for a child to complete a level. When your child has completed a level, you will receive her skill card in the mail. All classes Levels Beginning, Intermediate and Advances are by instructor consent only.
- BOYS GYMNASTICS
- Our gymnastics classes offer gymnastics instruction, strength and body control in a safe and fun environment for boys ages 6-12. Participants learn and practice skills on the floor, bars, vault, rings and pommel horse. All participants will have a skill card that will keep track of their progress in the class.
- ME AND MY SHADOW - Ages 2-3 years
- This is a fun dance class for you and your young one to enjoy together. Learn basic dance skills and have fun moving to the music. Parent participation required.
- TUMBLING TUTUS - Ages 3-4 years
- Children will learn the basics of ballet through barre work and games. They will become familiar with dancing to music with the guidance of an instructor. Your child will also learn the basic gymnastics skills on the trampoline and floor.
- PRIVATE GYMNASTICS OR DANCE LESSONS
- Does your child do better learning on their own? Is your child working on mastering a specific skill or trick? If so, private lessons may be the perfect choice. Call the City of Davis Gymnastics and Dance Center at (530) 757-5627 to set up a lesson time. Private lessons are $24.00 per half hour. We will arrange a coach who can teach at your child’s ability level at a time that works for you.
- TEEN GYMNASTICS CLASS
- Teen gymnastics is for children ages 12-17. This class is designed to meet the needs of each participant. Participants will be working mostly on floor skills along with strength and flexibility. Teen gymnastics is the perfect class for beginning to advanced gymnasts! Teen gymnastics is offered on Tuesday nights from 6:30-8:00 pm.
Parties at the Gymnastics and Dance Center are available for children of all ages. Party guests will enjoy games, a giant obstacle course, tumble track, parachute fun and more! The parties are led by enthusiastic and interactive staff. Please reserve the Gym, please complete a Gymnastics & Glow Party Application .
Reservations are available:
- Saturdays: 1:30 - 3:30 pm and 4:15 - 6:15 pm
- Sundays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm, 1:00 - 3:00 pm and 3:45 - 5:45 pm
- For only $167.00, the party package includes:
- 2 hour facility rental
- Tables and chairs
- Set up and clean up
- Facilitation by staff members
This is a great opportunity for various events including, birthday parties, Moms groups, sports or club parties, etc. Any desired party decorations, paper products, food or drinks may be brought in by the party host. These items are not provided by the Gymnastics and Dance Center. Maximum of 25 children per party. $50.00 refundable deposit is required.
Parties can be booked up to 6 months in advance. Rental fee and $50 refundable deposit are due at the time of reservation.
GLOW parties are available at the Gymnastics and Dance Center! We can provide the ultimate party for your 9-14 year olds! GLOW parties are offered September - April.
Saturdays: 7:00 - 10:00 pm
For only $222.00, the GLOW party package includes:
- 3 hour facility rental
- Glow in the dark obstacle course
- Glow in the dark art wall
- Glow in the dark games
- Movie on the big screen
- T-shirt for the guest of honor
Encourage your guests to wear white or bright neon colors and really see what all the fun is about!
The Gymnastic and Dance Center offers experiences to be remembered for years to come!