EXTENDED DEADLINE! NOW DUE NOVEMBER 9!
Entry Form for Poster Contest Here:
What to Do:
- Do fill out the entry form and include it with your submission
- Do write your name, grade, teacher and school on the back of your artwork
- Do use 11X17 or 8 ½X11 white paper. Medium- or heavy-weight paper is best, but regular paper is fine
- Do design a poster based on one of these safety themes:
1) Lights at night
2) Helmet use
3) Bicycle riding
4) Safe driving
5) Street crossing
- Do focus on only one topic
- Do hand-draw your artwork
- Do submit your poster and entry form to the City of Davis Street Smarts Program, 23 Russell Blvd, Davis CA 95616 by 5 p.m. on November 9, 2017 (EXTENDED DEADLINE).
What Not to Do:
- Don’t use a computer to create the artwork
- Don’t create 3-D effects, for example, using glitter or puffy paint
- Don’t use other people’s artwork to create your own (magazine, stickers, ads or any other
- copyrighted material)
- Don’t fold your artwork; roll it up or keep it flat
- Don’t forget to have fun!
Your artwork will be judged based on the following criteria:
- Clear communications of the traffic safety theme
- Visual design and composition
- Story-telling ability (does your artwork tell a story?)
- Must be enrolled in a Davis elementary school or a home-schooled student living in Davis.
Save the Date: Winners will be announced at the 2017 Street Smarts Poster Contest Awards Ceremony to be held December 8th at 5 p.m. at the Davis Art Center. There will be 3 winners from each age category (K-3, 4-6, 7-9).
Reglas en español... AQUI!
Congratulations to 2015 Winners!
First Place Winners:
Aaron (Grades K-3)
JayLeen (Grades 4-6)
Second Place Winners:
Vivek (Grades K-3) :
Sierra (Grades 4-6):
Third Place Winners:
Ruby (Grades K-3)
Alden (Grades 4-6)
THANK YOU SPONSERS!