- Aug 21
Free mattress & box spring recycling event Aug 30 9AM-2PM along the western end of Alvarado Ave.… https://t.co/GULml4wSfC
- Aug 18
Free mattress & box spring recycling event Aug 30 9AM-2PM along the western end of Alvarado Ave.… https://t.co/HHDSmkDlm7
- Aug 02
Next week=yard pile pick-up. If your pick-up day is: Mon=OK to put piles out TODAY Tues=OK to put piles out TOMORROW https://t.co/cHyegzAHEj
These plastics can be placed in your recycling cart:
- All #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, and #7 rigid plastics
- any plastic container with a #1, #2, #3, #5, #6 or #7 recycling symbol
- plastic caps and lids
- plastic toys
- laundry baskets
- plastic crates
- plastic buckets
- plastic flower pots
- plastic nursery trays
- plastic garbage cans*
- plastic containers
- children’s outdoor plastic toys (sandboxes, slides, play kitchens)*
- CD and DVD cases
- some disposable plastic utensils
- large reusable water bottles
- clean PVC pipe (no dirt)
- plastic furniture*
- other miscellaneous rigid plastic items
* These items may be too large to fit in the recycling cart—the lid must be able to close. Please take these to the recycling center at 2727 2nd Street for free recycling drop-off 24/7.
What are rigid plastics?
A rigid plastic is any plastic that is stiff, as opposed to film plastics, such as plastic bags, film and wrap.
NO—Do not place these plastic items in your recycling cart:
- Plastic Bags—Plastic bags should NOT be placed in the recycling cart. Some plastic bags have a #1 or #2 on them—this does NOT mean that they are recyclable in your recycling cart. The plastic number on a product indicates what type of plastic the item is made from. Plastic bags clog the sorting machinery at Davis Waste Removal. Please bring your plastic bags back to grocery stores for recycling.
- Expanded polystyrene—StyrofoamTM Brand Foam, packing foam, polystyrene packing peanuts, polystyrene take-out food packaging, grocery store meat trays, etc. Some packing foam may be accepted by some shipping and packing stores for reuse.
- Plastic bags—grocery bags, garbage bags, produce bags, re-sealable food storage bags, bread bags, etc.
- Plastic film—plastic food wrap, shrink wrap, plastic tarps, plastic sheeting, miscellaneous plastic wrap, etc.
- Bio-degradable or compostable “plastic” containers, cups, plates, utensils, etc. made of corn, potato or other material that is designed to be compostable or biodegradable
- Contaminated plastics—pipe covered in dirt, plastic containers with a lot of food stuck on them—please rinse these items before recycling
- Any non-plastic material
- Hoses, glass, wood, rubber tires, metal
In order to produce a clean recycling product, please recycle only clean plastics without metal, ceramics or dirt.
CRV Redemption Centers
Turn your recycling into money! Check your bottles and cans for CRV (California Refund Value) and bring them to one of these CRV Redemption Centers in Davis for a refund:
- Davis Waste Removal, 2727 2nd Street 756-4646 Redemption Center Hours: Mon-Fri 9:30am - 2:00pm, Sat 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Santana Recycling, 400 Mace Blvd. (916) 856-4734
For more information, visit BottlesAndCans.com.
Davis Waste Removal offers free 24-hour drop-off of the following recyclables at their 2727 2nd Street Recycling Center:
- plastics #1-#7
- Aluminum cans
- Tin foil
- Glass bottles
- Steel cans
- Scrap metal
- Used motor oil and oil filters