- Dec 17
Thank you for reducing waste, composting and helping us conserve water and energy this year! It's a gift to have su… https://t.co/b7ZdnxAUCY
- Dec 17
DWR will not pick up on Dec 25 or Jan 1. All services regularly scheduled Mon-Fri will be one day later than the re… https://t.co/w5jlgjhk4s
- Dec 15
Going shopping? Remember to BYOB: Bring Your Own Bags! https://t.co/5y0whSj6MV
In November 2013, the Davis City Council adopted the Single-Use Carryout Bags Ordinance. The goal of the ordinance is to reduce the distribution of single-use carryout bags and encourage the switch to reusable carryout bags. The ordinance went into effect July 1, 2014.
- Downloadable Shopping List
- Ordinance #2422: Single-Use Carryout Bags Ordinance
- Ordinance #2436 Single-Use Carryout Bags Amendment
At ALL Retail Stores and Restaurants in Davis:
- Single-use plastic carryout bags may not be distributed to customers at the point of sale.
- Stores MUST charge a minimum fee of 10 cents ($0.10) per bag for paper and reusable carryout bags provided to a customer at the point of sale.
- Restaurants are not required to charge a fee for paper or reusable bags provided for take-out food.
- All paper carryout bags must be made from a minimum 40% post-consumer recycled material.
- All reusable carryout bags must meet certain criteria for durability.
Customers have choices available when shopping:
- bring your own bag (reusable cloth bag, paper bag, or plastic bag)
- purchase a paper bag for 10 cents
- purchase a reusable bag
- carry your items out of the store without a bag
For more information, contact the City of Davis Public Works Department at PWWeb@CityofDavis.org or call (530) 757-5686.