As the weather cools and rain showers are predicted, most irrigation systems can be turned off. Remember to turn off irrigation during and for 48 hours after rain. Consider installing a rain sensor or weather-based irrigation controller which modifies irrigation based on weather conditions.
Weather (Rainfall) Information
*Weather (Rainfall) Information is provided for informational purposes only.
Revised Water Conservation Mandate (25%)
The State Water Board voted on February 2, 2016 to continue mandatory state-wide water conservation reductions through October 2016. The Water Board also included climate adjustments to allow for variations in summertime water use in areas with hotter climates. The City of Davis received a 3% climate adjustment, reducing the previous 28% cumulative reduction mandate down to 25%. The City is now required to maintain a 25% cumulative water reduction through October 2016.
Water Conservation Information
- City of Davis Mandatory Water Restrictions
- City of Davis Mandatory Water Cutbacks: September 2014 Workshop Presentation
- City Water Conservation Efforts
- Caring for Trees During the Drought
- UC Davis Arboretum All-Stars: Low-Water Use Plants
- Track Your Water Usage Online: Activate Your Free Account!
What days and times can I water?
- Outdoor watering is restricted to three days a week:
- Odd numbered addresses: Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday
- Even numbered addresses: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- No outdoor watering on Monday
- No watering outdoors between 9 a.m. and 6 p.m., except with a hand-held container or hose with a shut-off nozzle, or for very short periods when adjusting a sprinkler system
- No watering during periods of rain and for 48 hours after measureable rainfall
- No excessive water flow or runoff onto pavement, gutters or ditches from watering or irrigating landscapes or vegetation of any kind
Properly operating drip irrigation systems and soaker hoses are exempt from watering days and times.
Report Water Waste
You can report water leaks and water waste violations online, or you can e-mail WaterSmart@CityofDavis.org or call (530) 757-5620. Reports may be kept anonymous however the City will need the full address of the violation location in order to make contact.
Activate Your Free WaterInsight Account
The City of Davis has teamed up with WaterInsight to give customers access to their water use. Through this program, users can quickly see how water is being used in their household and receive customized water savings recommendations. Activate your free account!