The City of Davis is committed to providing services for all residents. Below please find a list of social services offered by the City, as well as links to resources provided by the County and State.
- Recreation for Persons with Disabilities
- Senior Services Information and Assistance
- Recreation Class Scholarship Program (the information is listed on the Forms and Publications Page)
- Summer Lunch Program for Kids: In partnership with the school district, local affordable housing providers (CHOC and Mutual Housing CA) and the USDA, lunches are offered for free to all kids ages 1-18, Monday-Friday from 12:00pm-12:30pm June 13 through August 12, 2016. Meals are offered at the following locations - Heather Glen Apartments, Moore Village Apartments, New Harmony Apartments and Windmere Apartments. Addresses and additional lunch program information are included in the program flyer, offered in English and Spanish. Summer Lunch Program Flyer 2016
- FreshText through 2-1-1 Yolo: 211 Yolo has created a text program for residents of the four cities in Yolo County in need of food assistance to receive text reminders about food distribution in their area. Information about the program, and how to enroll, can be found in the program press release. FreshText Press Release
- Free meals at St. Martins: In partnership with Davis Community Meals and several local food providers, Saint Martins Episcopal Church on 640 Hawthorne Lane offers free meals on the following days: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:45pm to 6:30pm, and Saturdays from 11:30am to 12:15pm. The meals are open to all. If you would like to volunteer, please contact Davis Community Meals at (530) 753-9204.
- Yolo County Food Bank: The Yolo County Food Bank offers resources and referrals to all residents of Yolo County, and has many service centers in Davis. For more information on the programs available through the food bank contact staff directly at (530) 668-0690, or check out their webpage.
- STEAC - Short Term Emergency Aid Committee (STEAC) provides food through the Helping Hands program, available for Davis residents only. This program is offered through referral, so please contact Davis Community Meals at (530) 753-9204 to access these services.
City of Davis Commissions:
The following agencies provide a variety of social and human services to Davis residents:
Yolo County agencies and programs:
- Child Care Services
- Department of Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health Services
- Department of Employment and Social Services
If you can't find the services you need or would like assistance navigating what the county has to offer, please call 2-1-1 Yolo
State of California agencies and programs:
- Health Care Services
- Labor and Workforce Development
- Mental Health Services
- Substance Abuse Programs and Services
- Employment Development Department
- Housing and Community Development
- List of all State of California programs and services