(530) 758-0204 FAX
(530) 757-5666 TDD
23 Russell Boulevard
Davis, CA 95616
- Office Hours
Monday – Friday:
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
2019 ARBOR DAY ART CONTEST!
What Trees Give Us
Hello City of Davis Community!
The National Arbor Day Foundation created a special designation for cities who meet certain criteria in their Urban Forestry programs - it's called Tree City USA. The City of Davis is about to be awarded its 41st consecutive award for being a Tree City USA! In California, we've had this designation the second longest to Sacramento. We received our very first Tree City USA designation only 1 year after the program started.
To learn more about the Tree City USA program, please visit the National Arbor Day Foundation site.
To celebrate, we're hosting an Arbor Day event in Central Park on Saturday, March 9th 2019 from 10am-1pm, and leading up to this will be our...
Eligible contestants: School-aged children in the City of Davis, grades Kindergarten through 9th.
Theme: What Trees Give Us
Our goal is to draw out of our young community their own personal perspective of trees. However, if you want to use this art contest as a teaching moment about the environmental, social, economic, and health benefits of urban forestry, you can use the facts, figures, and illustrations found on the Invest from the Ground Up Resources site.
Optional Starting Ideas:
· Clean Air and Water
· Healthy Bodies
· Carbon Sequestration
· Lower Energy Bills
· Higher Real Estate and Retail Values
· Safe Neighborhoods
All artwork must be:
- Based on a tree-related theme.
- Submitted along with the ENTRY FORM.
- Created in a 2-dimensional media.
- examples: drawing, painting, collage, photography, pastels. Be creative!
- Maximum size of 12x18 inches.
- Submitted to the City of Davis Urban Forestry division in person or by mail by 5PM on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 1st, 2019 to:
o 1818 5th St. Davis, CA 95616.
Display: Submissions will be on display from February 18th through March 8th, 2019 in the City Hall display Cases.
- Winners will be chosen by City of Davis Urban Forestry and Environmental Resources staff, based on the following age groups:
- Kindergarten through 3rd Grades
- 4th through 6th Grades
- 7th through 9th Grades
- Winners will be announced and prizes awarded at our Arbor Day celebration on Saturday, March 9th from 10am-1pm at Central Park.
- The parent or teacher listed as the contact person on the Entry Form will be notified ahead of time.
Questions? Call or Email Heather Dougherty (530) 757-5633 or firstname.lastname@example.org.