L Street Improvement Project - Final Paving Begins
Paving Work Begins April 15, Will Continue Through May 3
On Monday, April 15, 2019, construction will resume on L Street between Fifth Street and Covell Boulevard. In phases/work zones, construction crews will remove the existing asphalt on L Street. Once the asphalt is removed, cement will be mixed into the existing soil to create a strong subgrade. After three days of curing, new asphalt will be placed on the roadway. The roadway will then be striped.
This work will impact local residents. Vehicle access during working hours (Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.) will be very limited. L Street will be closed, in both directions, in the work zone. L Street residents will have access to their property.
L Street residents:
- On April 15-17 (depending on your noted work zone) if your house is in the Phase 1 work zone (East side of L St.), please park across the street. Your driveway will be inaccessible for 2-5 days.
- If your house is in Phase 2 (West side of L St.), we ask that you park in your driveway to free up street parking for your neighbors.
- View the Paving Phases and Dates Map to see future impacts.
Special circumstances will be addressed as they arise. Thank you for your patience during this final phase of construction.
Download the L Street Paving Phases Dates and Map (updated)
Please contact the following with questions or concerns:
- City of Davis - Terry Beaulieu at 530-681-7906
- McGuire and Hester - Brian Unruh at 510-692-0961