Request for Proposals - Independent Police Auditor
- Department:City Manager's Office, Police
- Category:Request For Proposal, Request For Qualification, Notice Inviting Bids
- Start Date:September 20, 2018 5:10 pm
- Close Date:November 02, 2018 5:00 pm
The City Council of the City of Davis is seeking applicants from those interested in becoming the Police Auditor for the City of Davis.
In 2017, the City of Davis began conducting a process to develop a new system of civilian oversight for the City of Davis Police Department. Consultants were hired to
- Review the current system and historical documents.
- Hold public forums to solicit community input on the goals and guiding principles of oversight.
- Recommend options that would fit Davis based on size, history of policing and community needs.
- Provide possible scope of work for an auditor, with suggestions as to how it might change from what has been in place.
The auditor position was originally created in 2006 and became vacant in 2017. With recommendations from the consultants, the scope of the position has been modified and updated. For further background information, visit https://cityofdavis.org/city-hall/city-manager-s-office/police-oversight.
The police auditor is a contracted position, which is currently filled by an interim auditor. The position reports directly to the City Council with guidance from the City Manager.
For more information, please download the complete Request For Proposals document (PDF).
Proposals are due by Friday, November 2, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.