Request for Proposals - Consultation Services for Strategic Communications
- Department:City Manager's Office
- Category:Request For Proposal, Request For Qualification, Notice Inviting Bids
- Start Date:October 19, 2018 3:26 pm
- Close Date:November 26, 2018 5:00 pm
The City of Davis is seeking the services of a qualified professional or firm to assist in the creation of a strategic communications plan. The development of the strategic plan may involve engagement of key City leadership such as City Council members and staff department heads. The goal is to have a framework of policy and procedure to support the critical need for public information as well as enhanced community engagement and a program for “telling our story” in a consistent, professional and positive manner.
In order to create the strategic plan, consultants will be asked to work very closely with City staff to do the following:
- Review departmental policies and assist in preparation of a citywide policy.
- Present best practices in use in cities comparable to the City of Davis.
- Recommend programs and procedures appropriate to the needs of the City.
Additional tasks may be recommended by the consultant. This request is for preparation of a plan with the expectation that staff will be responsible for implementation, however, the City may decide to contract for professional services to assist with specific aspects of the implementation.
Download the complete RFP Document (PDF) for more information.
Responses to questions received regarding the RFP:
Strategic Communications RFP - Questions & Responses (Updated 11/6/18).
Responses are due by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 26, 2018.