Request for Qualifications - Economic Impact and Financial Analysis for Multi-Sport Complex
- Department:City Manager's Office, Parks and Community Services
- Category:Request For Proposal, Request For Qualification, Notice Inviting Bids
- Start Date:November 08, 2018 11:40 am
- Close Date:November 28, 2018 5:00 pm
The City of Davis is issuing a Requests for Qualifications to conduct a financial and market demand analysis to determine the economic impact for a multi-use sport facility in Davis. The mutually congruent goals of the facility investment would be to expand capacity for sports programming for residents and generate community economic impact and facilities level revenue from local, regional and national sporting events.
Specifically, the City is seeking a consultant or a team of consultants to:
- Expand upon the analysis, findings, and recommendations of previous studies examining the potential development of a multi-sport complex to better serve the community needs
- Assess market demand, including the type and number of events the market could support, user demand and potential for lease agreements, and City and community need for additional sports/recreational facilities
- Determine the financial feasibility of constructing and operating an outdoor sports complex and/or a combined indoor/outdoor sports complex, including consumer spending, employment, new revenues to the City and associated multiplier effects on the City, County and surrounding region
- Conduct a comparative analysis to identify and assess public-private partnership models to share in the construction as well as long-term operation and maintenance costs
- Develop up to four scenarios of prototypical sports complex types and scales, consistent with recommendations from the City of Davis Sports Complex Task Force and in consultation with City staff
The purpose of this analysis is to assist the City in making a fiscally prudent decision on if and how to potentially pursue a multi-sport complex. Even though the City has already commissioned previous studies on the potential development and need for a multi-sport complex, the City desires additional information about the anticipated economic benefits, construction and operation and maintenance costs. Given that the City is unable to assume full financial responsibility should the sports complex be constructed, the City is seeking information about the economic viability of various public-private partnerships as well as information about how such partnerships could become a functioning business.
Additional background information on the Sports Complex Task Force and its findings may be found online at: https://cityofdavis.org/city-hall/commissions-and-committees/sports-complex-task-force
Download the complete RFQ Document (PDF).
Qualification submissions are due by Wednesday, November 28, 2018 at 5:00 p.m.