Police – Fire – Medical
Emergencies – Dial 9-1-1
Cellular phone users reporting emergencies should dial
530-758-3600 or 530-756-3400.
Dial 9-1-1 only to report a crime in progress
or a life-threatening emergency.
For non-emergency requests for Police or Fire assistance,
please call 530-747-5400.
Reporting Non-Emergency events during business hours
(Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.):
- Downed trees, call 530-757-5633
- Traffic lights out, call 530-757-5686
- Fire Department non-emergency, call 530-747-5400
- Police Department non-emergency, call 530-747-5400
- General public works issues (streets, signs, etc.), call 530-757-5686
- Parks, greenbelts, and playgrounds, call 530-757-5626
Emergency & Preparedness Information Links
All public safety agencies in Yolo, Placer, and Sacramento counties have partnered to have a community notification system to alert residents about emergency events and other important public safety information. This system enables us to provide you with critical information quickly in a variety of situations, such as severe weather, unexpected road closures, missing persons and evacuations of buildings or neighborhoods.
To register to receive notifications, please visit www.yolo-alert.org
- U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration
- Caltrans – California Highway Information
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) – Are You Ready? A Guide to Citizen Preparedness
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security (Ready.gov)
- Center for Disease Control (CDC) – Public Health Emergency Preparedness and Response