(530) 758-0204 FAX
(530) 757-5666 TDD
23 Russell Blvd., Suite 1
Davis, CA 95616
Monday – Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
By serving on a City commission, you can participate in local government and help plan the future of Davis. Commissions serve as a conduit for citizen input – a way of gathering, analyzing and recommending options to the City Council. Commissions provide an important avenue for determining the community’s feelings about various issues and extending the reach of the democratic process.
If you are interested in serving on a commission, please fill out an application. Applications may be picked up at the City Clerk’s Office at City Hall, 23 Russell Boulevard, Suite 1, Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., downloaded from the link below, or call 530-757-5648 and an application will be mailed or emailed to you. Feel free to include a resume or other information to help the City Council in the selection process. Please be aware that all applications and accompanied documents are considered public information and may be disclosed/released pursuant to the California Public Records Act. Applications are submitted to City Council for appointment at a regular Council meeting.
Accepting applications for the following advisory bodies:
- Bicycling, Transportation & Street Safety
- Civic Arts
- Finance and Budget
- Historical Resources Management
- Human Relations
- Natural Resources
- Personnel Board
- Recreation and Park
- Senior Citizen
- Social Services
If the commission you are interested in serving on is not listed above, no worries! Individuals may apply at any time for any commission; applications will be kept on file for up to two years. Applicants will be contacted as vacancies occur, or when a recruitment opens for positions on a commission/board/committee.
Application Form and Commission Handbook
Commission Handbook (outlines the role and function of the City's boards/commissions/committees)
Applications can be submitted via e-mail to ClerkWeb@cityofdavis.org; or in person or via mail to the City Clerk's Office, City Hall, 23 Russell Blvd., Suite 1, Davis CA 95616.
Commission and Board Information
- Advise on matters relating to transportation policy; transit, bicycle, pedestrian, and vehicular planning; street design; traffic operations and enforcement; traffic safety; parking; and transportation infrastructure maintenance.
- Meets: 2nd Thursday (monthly), 5:30pm, Davis Senior Center, 646 A St.
- Formulates, reviews and recommends programs and policies to guide the review and recommendations related to the acquisition, removal, relocation or alteration of works of art for the cultural enrichment of the City.
- Meets: 2nd Monday (monthly), 7:15pm, 23 Russell Boulevard.
- Analyzes technical, financial and budgeting issues requested by City Council.
- Fosters public understanding of local government finance.
- Meets: 2nd Monday (monthly), 6:30pm, 23 Russell Boulevard.
- Maintains inventory and recommends designation of historical resources; reviews applications for alteration permits for historical structures.
- Members with experience/knowledge in historic preservation, cultural heritage of Davis and/or professional qualifications in architecture, history, prehistoric/historic archaeology, urban planning, law, real estate, folklore, museum curation, conservation, landscape architecture, American studies and cultural geography are highly desired to maintain compliance with Certified Local Government Guidelines.
- Meets:3rd Monday (monthly), 7:00pm, Davis Senior Center, 646 A St.
- Promotes mutual respect, understanding and tolerance among all persons.
- Advocates educational and appropriate activities to discourage/prevent discrimination and prejudice and promote diversity, equality and justice.
- Meets: 4th Thursday (monthly), 6:30pm, Davis Senior Center, 646 A St.
- Promotes the preservation, management and enhancement of the city's natural resources. Recommends policies and guidelines regarding air quality, water conservation, waste management and recycling.
- Meets: 4th Monday (monthly), 6:30pm, 23 Russell Blvd.
- Provide advice through neutral and objective judgments concerning personnel issues and fulfill obligations and responsibilities imposed by the Personnel Rules; investigate and make recommendations on matters of personnel policy.
- On call, meets as needed when appeals are submitted.
- Advises on matters pertaining to public recreation and park planning; reviews annual budgets for park and recreation programs.
- Meets: 3rd Wednesday (monthly) 6:30pm, 23 Russell Blvd.
- Advises on matters relating to policies and programs that serve senior citizens.
- Identifies needs of the aging in the community.
- Explores improved and new services in private and public sectors.
- Meets: 2nd Thursday (monthly), 2:30pm, 23 Russell Blvd.
- Identifies community social services needs related to health, affordable housing, homelessness, hunger, transit, child care, elder adult services, accessibility and low income needs.
- Makes recommendations on Community Development Block Grant, Home Investment Partnership Program and other grant programs.
- Meets: 3rd Monday (monthly), 7:00pm, 23 Russell Boulevard.
- Renders decisions on tree removal and/or modification permit requests.
- Makes recommendations regarding designations of Landmark Trees.
- Meets: 3rd Thursday (monthly), 5:30pm, Administrative Building A, 1818 5th Street.
More information about each of our City Commissions may be found on the Commissions and Committees web page.