The City of Davis wants to make it easier for you to park your bike around town. We are committed to providing secure bike parking for customers, employees, visitors and City residents.
What to Consider when Requesting a Bike Rack
- How much space is available?
- Can a person walking or in a wheelchair get around a parked bike?
- Is the bike rack away from the car door zone?
- Is the bike rack conveniently located near a building entrance?
- Think about security and potential bike theft.
- Is there concrete or asphalt to install the bike rack? Bike racks must be bolted to concrete or asphalt.
- Who owns the property? The city installs bike racks only on public property.
- What about adding bike parking on private property (schools, shopping centers, apartment complexes...)? I recommend contacting the business or property management company directly and make a request.
Request a Bike Rack
A free publicly accessible bike rack can be installed on the sidewalk in front of your business. Let us know where you would like a rack. How many bike parking spaces are you seeking? Where would you like the racks installed? A photo or Google Maps link is very helpful, but not required.
Information About City Bike Racks
The City installs two types of bike racks:
- Ground Control Systems formerly Park A Bike's Varsity style bike rack.
Ground Control Systems
Corporate Headquarters | 708 Alhambra Blvd. suite 200 Sacramento, CA 95816
Toll Free: 1.800.630.7225 |Fax: 866.539.9049
- SCH Enterprises, LLC Lighting Bolt LR Series bike racks. Click here to read the specifications for the bike racks and installation information. These racks have a 3-point support, which keeps bikes upright and aligned.
SCH Enterprises, LLC
The City cannot install racks on private property. Please note that not all manufactured bike racks meet the City of Davis design specifications.
Bike Requirements per City Code
The City of Davis Bike Parking Ordinance establishes definitions and standards for bike parking throughout the City of Davis.