Environmental Recognition Award
Each year the City of Davis recognizes community contributions to Davis' environmental quality of life in three categories: individual/group, a business, and non-profit organization, agency or school. Additionally, a special category, the Environmental Legacy Award, may be presented for sustainability efforts that have made a difference as part of Davis’ history over more than 100 years.
Download the ERA Flyer (PDF).
- Nominee’s actions/achievements address a current environmental concern.
- Nominee has an established record of achievements or actions benefiting the environment and quality of life in and around Davis, with commitment to continued effort long term.
- Nominee has creatively implemented or developed an innovative project related to sustainability or the environment.
- Nominee has set an example of how to conduct business, set up a home environment, and/or live daily in a manner that encourages sustainability and harmony with nature.
- Nominee has impacted others in the Davis community, through outreach, engagement or education efforts.
How does one nominate a business, an individual or group, or a non-profit organization?
Nominations must include the following:
- Nomination category:
- Business - must posses a current, valid City business license and be located within the City of Davis.
- Individual/Group - must be current resident(s) of Davis.
- Non-Profit Organization Agency, school or other community-based organization - must be located and operate in Davis. Non-profits must have a current and valid 501(c) or 23701d certification and must be located within the City of Davis.
- The name, address, and phone number of the nominee, as well as the name, address, and phone number of the nominator.
- How the nominee has shown exceptional environmental initiative.
- How the nominee’s actions/achievements have improved our environmental quality of life.
- Any other information that supports this nominee’s application. Samples of award winning nominations are available for viewing.
- Supporting documentation may be used verbatim for the award presentation and news article.
- Preview previous award recipients in each category here.
Nomination form: Environmental Recognition Award Nomination (PDF).
Where do I submit a nomination?
To submit a nomination, you may email your nomination packet to Kerry Loux at KLoux@cityofdavis.org, City of Davis, Department of Community Development and Sustainability. For questions on submissions, please call Kerry Loux at (530) 747-8246.